The town centre Street Wardens have helped turn Great Yarmouth town centre into a cleaner, safer and friendlier place, but without a BID we could no longer afford them - they are wholly funded by gyBID.
The Street Warden team have many purposes, including:
- Responding to calls for assistance
- Counteracting anti-sociable behaviour
- Cutting shoplifting
- Reporting damage to street scene
- Looking after lost children
- Providing a uniformed presence
- Removing dangerous discarded needles
In the four years leading to May 2010 the Street Wardens have been called to nearly 2000 crime incidents by gyBID payers, helped over 7,000 town centre visitors requesting assistance and dealt with around 60,000 enquiries from members of the public in the town centre.
The Street Wardens' uniformed presence cannot be underestimated. They make the streets safer and make customers feel safer. Their presence is now guaranteed until 2016 due to a successful gyBID renewal ballot.