The town centre Street Wardens have helped turn Great Yarmouth town centre into a cleaner, safer and friendlier place, but without a BID we could no longer afford them – they are wholly funded by gyBID.
The Street Warden team have many purposes, including:
- Responding to calls for assistance
- Counteracting anti-sociable behaviour
- Discouraging shoplifting
- Reporting damage to street scene
- Assisting lost persons
- Providing a uniformed presence
- Removing dangerous discarded needles
The Street Wardens’ uniformed presence cannot be underestimated. They make the streets safer and make customers feel safer. In a survey of town centre businesses in 2015, 95% or respondents confirmed that the street wardens were important to them. Their presence is now guaranteed until 2021 due to a successful gyBID renewal ballot.